The aseptic sealing system integrated in the C-Flex® tube sealer manufactured by MGA Technologies prevents microorganisms from growing in your sterile process equipment. This machine reduces your costs and it disconnects all the thermoplastic elastomer tubes by fully secured fusion.
C-Flex Hoses Manufactured by Saint-Gobain
The aseptic sealing system is compatible with the C-Flex® tube manufactured by Saint-Gobain. This is a patented thermoplastic elastomer tube dedicated to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical and research industries.
Currently, you can find different types and sizes of C-Flex® tubing to meet all your needs for fully sterile use. These hoses are designed for use in clean rooms and clean environments.
C-Flex® Tubing Different Applications
In many fields such as biotech, medical and pharmaceutical, Saint-Gobain’s C-Flex® tubes are among the most widely used hoses. Consequently, the tubes have multiple applications and afford the possibility of a single use for your sterile processes. Its various applications are:
- Sterile process connection
- Single use assembly
- Sterile process disconnection
- Cell culture operation
- Preparation of buffers and media
- Hoses and tubing
- Diagnostic products
- Biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Single use fluid transfer
- Purification operation
- Ultrapure water system
- R&D Laboratory
MGA Technologies’ C-Flex® Aseptic Tube Sealer
This machine has been specially designed to allow Saint-Gobain C-Flex® tubes to be disconnected. MGA Technologies has collaborated with Saint-Gobain to design its pharmaceutical tube connector. Its use allows you to considerably reduce your costs and to effortlessly disconnect your various process devices in a sterile process.
How Does the Machine Work?
This machine allows you to seal C-Flex® TPE tubing with an aseptic closure system. The hoses are inserted between two clamps and are fused by heating. Here are the different phases when using the sealer:
- The operator inserts the tube between two clamps, then closes them,
- The machine locks the clamps with an electromagnet, then the temperature of the clamps increases until the tube melts,
- A temperature maintenance phase is set up to melt the tube and destroy any microorganism outside the tube,
- A vane pump built into the machine cools the area until your operator can safely handle the machine and the tube,
- The operator releases the tube and visually checks the fusion and cuts it with a pair of scissors.
The machine is delivered with different aluminum accessories allowing you to seal C-Flex® hoses of different diameters.